Monday, February 24, 2014

Let's read in Spanish! ¡Leámos en Español!

I am an avid reader. I love the written word and luckily for me, so do my little ones. I have read to them ever since they were born. Have I mentioned that all I read to them is in Spanish? What? Are there any children’s books in Spanish out there? Actually, closer than you might think! 
I know we can find almost any book we want through amazon.com or any other online retailer but some local stores actually carry a very impressive selection of children’s books in Spanish.  I was able to find a whole section dedicated to children’s books in Spanish at both my local Target and Barnes and Noble. Some Half Price books stores carry them as well. At my local Target I was able to find some favorites of my children like “¿Dónde está el ombliguito?” and “Azul el sombrero, verde el sombrero” by Sandra Boynton (a favorite in my house).  

So, what are you waiting for? Make it an outing and take your little ones to pick out a book (or two!).

Hasta pronto!

Some of our favorites, you can see how much they've been loved

1 comment:

  1. Muy buena investigacion de libros en espanol Paola. Felicitaciones. Muchas mamas hispanas no saben que pueden comprar sus libros en espanol aqui, y no esperar que se los traigan de sus paises de origen.

    ReplyDelete