Monday, April 28, 2014

A SUPER COOL WEEK WITH A NEW BOOK AND ACTIVITY






I know I've been a bit quiet lately, just been busy reading and spending quality time with my children. I am still reading to them in Spanish so that’s all that matters, right?
Well, last week we had two great reasons to read and do an activity with the kiddos. We celebrated Earth day on April 22nd and Book day on April 23rd, so I took these two festivities and turned them into a really fun afternoon.
I started by reading the children a book called: “La sorpresa del cumpleaƱos de Nico”. It tells the story of a boy that receives seeds as one of his birthday presents and takes joy in planting and watering them until they turn into beautiful sunflowers; great inspiration for earth’s day, right? So guess what we did after we finished reading our book? You guessed it: We planted seeds!
It was a great activity; it completed the meaning of the book and gave me a chance to tell my children how important plants are for our planet. The kids loved it, they placed seeds in a pot and covered them with dirt and watered them, now they take pride in keeping up with watering their new plants and waiting for them to germinate and grow into beautiful flowers.
Sometimes the simplest of things can turn into something great and meaningful, like a fun afternoon with activities, play and a good message. Let’s continue reading to our kids and fostering love for our planet.

Hasta Pronto!

No comments:

Post a Comment